League of Minority Voters Oregon Chapter Annual Liberty & Hope Awards
Thursday, October 28 5:30 PM P.S.T.
The Benson: A Coast Hotel
309 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205
A dinner bringing together Oregonians from across the state to celebrate the value of diversity and the best of our human spirit.
Every year, Oregon League of Minority Voters brings people together to honor outstanding community leaders and nonprofit executives who have taken extraordinary step to promote the excellence of and opportunities for people of color.
OLMV’s 14th annual Liberty and Hope Awards Gala will celebrate
- Jennifer Yruegas, General Counsel & Dean at Pacific University
- Monique Barton, community and business leader
- Jason Kafoury, Civil Rights Lawyer,
- Dr. S. Renee Mitchell, Founding Director of I Am MORE (Making Ourselves Resilient Everyday) a nationally award-winning youth leadership development initiative for Black youth
- KATU News Channel 2
- Jim Ferraris, former Police Chief of Woodburn
- Ben Sand, Chief Executive Officer at The Contingent, which develops multicultural service leaders
- Steve Callaway, Mayor of Hillsboro
- Kyle Camberg, Executive Director – Sunshine Division
- Rev. Dr. LeRoy Haynes Jr., a longtime community leader and clergy, will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award
This year we are limiting attendance to this event due to COVID restrictions and taking precautions. The League will also offer a limited number of complimentary tickets to this year’s gala to interested community members. Contact Sarah Doney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event will also provide an opportunity for community members to be vaccinated against COVID-19. A $1,000 prize will go to a lucky winner drawn among those who get vaccinated at the event.
The generosity of our volunteers and sponsors make these events happen. Let us know if you or your organization are interested in sponsoring our next event.